<3 our city
A simple distinction across 10 leading social tools, from the viewpoint of a burger joint:
David Ciancino, Social Media For Restaurants Made Easier Through Burgers
- Twitter – I am eating a burger
- Facebook – I like burgers
- FourSquare – This is where I eat burgers
- Instagram – Here’s a vintage photo of me eating a burger in a blizzard
- Youtube – Here I am eating a burger
- LinkedIn – My skills include burger eating and blogging
- Pinterest – Here’s a burger recipe
- LastFM – Now listening to “burgers”
- Google+ – I am a Google employee who eats burgers
- Foodspotting – Look at this burger I am eating
- Untappd – I am drinking this beer with a burger
- Tumblr – When I’m not eating a burger, I’m doing this
- Wikipedia – The burger was created by and when
- Flickr – Here are pictures of the burgers I’ve eaten
I was delighted to read about your interest in sharing the big screen with me. As you can imagine, I am a little occupied at the moment, but perhaps someday I can help you forget Sarah Marshall…again. My only condition is that there be Muppets involved, and that is non-negotiable.
As the tweets, Facebook status updates, check-ins, Instagram photos, and Tumblr posts pour in, it can start to feel like your friends, coworkers, and even your frenemies lead lives that are infinitely more interesting than yours.
Don’t let FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) ruin your life! Here’s how to be a smarter social media user.